How to Apply
Our Elementary School has limited openings in Grades K-3 for Fall 2021!
Here’s how to apply:
- Complete an Interest Form and Register for a Virtual Information Session. The best way to learn about our wonderful K-5 laboratory school is to experience it for yourself! This year, we will be offering virtual information sessions for interested families. We look forward to seeing you in the Zoom room for discussion and Q&A. Space is limited, so reserve your spot today!
- Complete an Application. Click below to apply online and upload a photo of your child/family.
- Our non-refundable application fee is $75 ($100 for two siblings applying in the same year; $125 for three or more), payable by credit or debit card when you submit your online application.
- If you are applying for Financial Aid, please download the SSS application from our website and submit all required forms when you apply for admission.
- Submit a Recommendation Form. Ask your child’s teacher to complete the applicable recommendation form for the grade your child will be entering. These forms are confidential and should be sent by the teacher directly to our school at the mailing address, email address, or fax number below. Please give your child’s teacher enough time so that the recommendation can reach us in a timely manner. (Note: If your teacher is filling out online recommendation forms for your child, we will accept print outs or email attachments of those forms instead.)
- Submit a Report Card. If your child is applying to grades 1-5, we ask you to submit their most recent report card or progress report from their current school. You can upload a copy if you are applying online, or you can scan or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not require report cards for children applying to Kindergarten.
- Kindergarten Assessment. When all the above steps have been completed, families will receive instructions for the assessment portion of the application process. More details to follow.
- Grades 1-5 One-on-One assessment. Applicants for grades 1-5 will be scheduled for assessments following submission of their application. More details to follow.
Our priority application deadline for MCCS TK students matriculating up to K and siblings of current MCCS students is Friday, December 10, 2021.
Primary deadline for Elementary School applicants is January 14, 2022. If you are applying for siblings to both the Elementary and Early Childhood programs, please submit both applications by this deadline. Information regarding assessments will follow.
Secondary application deadline: January 28, 2022. Kindergarten applications submitted by the end of January will receive information regarding assessments within two weeks. Applications received by the end of January for grades 1-5 will be scheduled next for our assessments in February.
Re-enrollment agreements go out to current MCCS families on January 28, 2022, and are due back on February 4, 2022.
For Elementary School applications submitted in January, MCCS will email electronic decisions at 12 noon on Thursday, March 17, 2022. Signed acceptance of the offer of enrollment must be received with a non-refundable $1,000 deposit by 9:00 am on Thursday, March 24, 2022. This deposit applies toward your child’s tuition and holds their spot for the 2022-23 school year.
Following our priority admissions season, we continue with rolling admissions, accepting applications and scheduling student assessments as space allows. Any openings will be filled from our pool of applicants on the basis of maintaining balanced and diverse classroom populations. Enrollment decisions are generally made within 10 days of your child’s assessment.
Please contact the MCCS Admissions Team:
Jenny Bond, Assistant Head of School
Mills College Children’s School
5000 MacArthur Boulevard
Oakland, CA 94613