Group tours of our K-5 Elementary School are held from November-January each year. Applications are due in January, assessment visits are offered in February, and enrollment decisions go out in March.
How to Apply
- Take a tour. The best way to learn about our wonderful K-5 laboratory school is to attend a morning tour or weekend open house. Space is limited, so please reserve your spot by clicking the button below.
- Complete an application. Review the information packet provided at one of our admissions events and return your application to MCCS along with a non-refundable $75 fee ($100 for two siblings applying in the same year; $125 for three or more).
- Priority deadline for Elementary School applicants is January 19, 2018. Applications submitted by this deadline will be scheduled first for our student visits in February. If you are applying for siblings to both the Elementary and Preschool programs, please submit both applications by this deadline.
- Secondary application deadline: January 31, 2018. Applications submitted by the end of January will be scheduled next for our student visits in February.
- If you are applying for Financial Aid, please download the SSS application from our website and submit all required forms when you apply for admission.
- Submit a recommendation form. Ask your child’s teacher to complete the applicable recommendation form for the grade your child will be entering. These forms are confidential and should be sent by the teacher directly to our school at via email, fax, or mail at the address below. Please give your child’s teacher enough time so that the recommendation can reach us by the priority application deadline.
- Bring your child for a visit. When all the above steps have been completed, families will be contacted to arrange for their children to visit the school in February. Kinder applicants will visit on Saturday, February 10, 2018, for one hour between 9 am and 2 pm, so please reserve that date on your calendar. Applicants for grades 1-5 may be scheduled to visit on a school day.
Decision letters: As a member of the East Bay Independent Schools Association (EBISA), our school adheres to common notification dates and a commitment to supporting families in making educational decisions that are in keeping with their individual children, aspirations, and resources. For Elementary School applications submitted in January, MCCS mails decision letters on Thursday, March 15, 2018. Email confirmation will be sent the following day at 12 noon. Signed acceptance of the offer of enrollment must be received with a non-refundable $1,000 deposit by 9:00 am on Friday, March 23. This deposit applies toward your child’s tuition and holds their spot for the 2018-19 school year.
Rolling admissions: Once our priority round of enrollment decisions go out in mid-March, we offer private tours and continue to accept applications all year round as space allows. Any subsequent openings will be filled from the list of remaining applicants on the basis of maintaining balanced and diverse classroom populations. Enrollment decisions are generally made within a week of a student’s visit to the school.
Contact our Admissions Director:
Mills College Children’s School
5000 MacArthur Boulevard
Oakland, CA 94613