How to Apply
We have concluded our K-5 group tours for the 2020-21 school year and our primary elementary application deadline was January 31 for our first round of admissions, with decisions going out in mid-March. However, we accept applications all year long and fill openings as space allows. To expedite the process at this point in the cycle, we recommend submitting an application and then and then scheduling a private tour to coincide with your child’s assessment visit.
Here’s how to apply:
- Complete an application. Click the first button below to apply online and upload a photo of your child/family. Or click the second button below to download a PDF version of our application, which you can fill out on your computer and submit via email or print a hard copy and submit via mail.
- Our non-refundable application fee is $75 ($100 for two siblings applying in the same year; $125 for three or more). If you are applying online, you can pay by credit card, and if you’re mailing in a hard copy, please include a check made out to MCCS with your child’s name in the memo line.
- If you are applying for Financial Aid, please download the SSS application from our website and submit all required forms when you apply for admission.
- Submit a recommendation form. Ask your child’s teacher to complete the applicable recommendation form for the grade your child will be entering. These forms are confidential and should be sent by the teacher directly to our school at the mailing address, email address, or fax number below. Please give your child’s teacher enough time so that the recommendation can reach us by the application deadline. (Note: If your teacher is filling out online recommendation forms for your child, we will accept print outs or email attachments of those forms instead.)
- Submit a report card. If your child is applying to grades 1-5, we ask you submit their most recent report card or progress report from their current school. You can upload a copy if you are applying online, or you can scan or email it to the address below. We do not require report cards for children applying to Kindergarten.
- Bring your child for a visit! When all the above steps have been completed, families will be contacted to arrange for their children to visit the school.
As a member of the East Bay Independent Schools Association (EBISA), our school adheres to common notification dates and a commitment to supporting families in making educational decisions that are in keeping with their individual children, aspirations, and resources. For Elementary School applications submitted in January, MCCS will mail decision letters on Wednesday, March 18, 2020. Email confirmation will be sent the following day at 12 noon. Signed acceptance of the offer of enrollment must be received with a non-refundable $1,000 deposit by 9:00 am on Thursday, March 26, 2020. This deposit applies toward your child’s tuition and holds their spot for the 2020-21 school year.
Rolling admissions: Following our priority admissions season, we continue with rolling admissions, accepting applications and scheduling student visits as space allows. Any subsequent openings will be filled from the list of remaining applicants on the basis of maintaining balanced and diverse classroom populations.
Contact our Admissions Director:
Mills College Children’s School
5000 MacArthur Boulevard
Oakland, CA 94613