How to Apply
Limited Openings in Kindergarten and First Grade for Fall 2022!
Here’s how to apply:
- Register for a Tour: The best way to learn about our school is to come and visit! Space is limited, so please register online for any of our 2023-2024 tours today.
- Complete an Application. Click below to apply online and upload a photo of your child/family.
- Our non-refundable application fee is $75 ($100 for two siblings applying in the same year; $125 for three or more), payable by credit or debit card when you submit your online application.
- If you are applying for Financial Aid, please download the SSS application from our website and submit all required forms when you apply for admission.
- Submit a Recommendation Form. Ask your child’s teacher to complete the applicable recommendation form for the grade your child will be entering. These forms are confidential and should be sent by the teacher directly to our school at the mailing address, email address, or fax number below. Please give your child’s teacher enough time so that the recommendation can reach us in a timely manner.
- Submit a Report Card. If your child is applying to grades 1-5, we ask you to submit their most recent report card or progress report from their current school. You can upload a copy if you are applying online, or you can scan or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not require report cards for children applying to Kindergarten.
- Kindergarten Assessment. When all the above steps have been completed, families will receive instructions for the assessment portion of the application process. More details to follow.
- Grades 1-5 One-on-One assessment. Applicants for grades 1-5 will be scheduled for assessments following submission of their application. More details to follow.
Application Deadline: Tuesday, January 17, 2023
Financial Aid Application Deadline: Tuesday, January 17, 2023
Following our priority admissions season, we continue with rolling admissions for all applications submitted after January 2023. Any openings will be filled from our pool of applicants on the basis of maintaining balanced and diverse classroom populations. Enrollment decisions are generally made within 10 days of your child’s assessment.
Please contact the MCCS Admissions Team:
Jenny Bond, Assistant Head of School
Mills College Children’s School
5000 MacArthur Boulevard
Oakland, CA 94613