Group tours of our K-5 Elementary School are held from November-January each year. Applications are due in January, assessment visits are offered in February, and enrollment decisions go out in mid-March. After March, we offer private tours and continue to accept applications all year round as space allows. Any subsequent openings will be filled from the list of remaining applicants on the basis of maintaining balanced and diverse classroom populations. For applicants between April to August, enrollment decisions are generally made within a week of a student’s visit to the school.
How to Apply
- Take a tour. The best way to learn about our wonderful K-5 laboratory school is to come and see it for yourself! We have concluded our group tours for the 2018-19 admissions season, but starting in April, we will offer private tours upon request. To set up a tour, please contact Whitney Walker, Admissions Director (see below).
- Complete an application.
- Click the button below to apply online, upload a photo of your child/family, and pay online with a credit card, or
- Download a fillable PDF, type your answers, and submit it by email with a photo attachment of your child/family. You can then mail a check for the non-refundable $75 application fee ($100 for two siblings applying in the same year; $125 for three or more) made out to MCCS with your child’s name and the grade they are applying for in the memo line.
- Submit a recommendation form. Ask your child’s teacher to complete the applicable recommendation form for the grade your child will be entering. These forms are confidential and should be sent by the teacher directly to our school at via email, fax, or mail at the address below.
- If you are applying for Financial Aid, please download the SSS application from our website and submit all required forms when you apply for admission.
- Bring your child for a visit. When all the above steps have been completed, families will be contacted to arrange for their children to visit the school.
Decision letters: As a member of the East Bay Independent Schools Association (EBISA), our school adheres to common notification dates and a commitment to supporting families in making educational decisions that are in keeping with their individual children, aspirations, and resources. For Elementary School applications submitted in January, MCCS mails decision letters on Thursday, March 15, 2018. Email confirmation will be sent the following day at 12 noon. Signed acceptance of the offer of enrollment must be received with a non-refundable $1,000 deposit by 9:00 am on Friday, March 23. This deposit applies toward your child’s tuition and holds their spot for the 2018-19 school year.
After these deadlines, any subsequent openings will be filled on the basis of maintaining balanced and diverse classroom populations. For applicants from April to August, enrollment decisions are generally made within a week of a student’s visit to the school.
Contact our Admissions Director:
Mills College Children’s School
5000 MacArthur Boulevard
Oakland, CA 94613